In order to expand access to library resources, Interlibrary Loan service (ILL) is available to library patrons. Books, magazine and newspaper articles, and other materials not owned by the Paul Pratt Memorial Library and not available through the Old Colony Library Network (OCLN) or the Commonwealth Catalog (ComCat) may be requested by submitting an ILL Article Request Form
or an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Form
. Requests may also be submitted in person at the library’s Reference and Circulation desks.
ILL requests submitted to Paul Pratt Memorial Library by our library patrons are reviewed for accuracy before being sent through to a mediated ILL center. When items arrive, patrons are notified by telephone or email. Materials owned by the Paul Pratt Memorial Library are made available to patrons of other libraries when requested by a mediated ILL center.
Terms of Borrowing
- Materials from Paul Pratt Memorial Library’s historical and reference collections, and children’s multi-type kits are not available for loan.
- Paul Pratt Memorial Library does not impose fees for ILL, however, other institutions may charge fees that will be passed along to the person making the request.
- Borrowed items must be returned on or before the due date.
- Compliance with copyright law is required.
- AV items should be returned in original packaging or in air-bubble mailing bags.
- Replacement fees for lost or damaged materials will be imposed.